ICA 2018 International Scientific Committee invites you to submit abstracts for consideration for the Congress.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
All abstracts will be reviewed by the committee who will grade them for inclusion into either the oral presentations or poster sessions at the Conference.
Call for Abstracts: September 2017
Call for Abstracts closes: February 19th, 2018
Notification of Abstract acceptance: March 30th, 2018
Authors early registration deadline: May 15th, 2018
>Abstracts may broadly cover issues of Aerobiology, based upon research and/or experiences and developments in teaching. The International Scientific Committee welcomes abstracts addressing any of the following themes:
- AGRICULTURAL APPLICATIONS OF AEROBIOLOGY, PHENOLOGY:
pollen charge and fruiting; fungal spores monitoring and pathogenicity prevention; aerobiological indicators
- ALLERGENS, ORGANICS, ORGANISMS:
pollen, fungal spores, mites and animal dander products, latex, molecular aerobiology, toxins, bacteria, viruses, algae, volatile organic compounds
- CULTURAL HERITAGE:
- ENVIRONMENTAL AEROBIOLOGY:
air pollution, global change, land management - urban design- green cities, meteorology, climatology, spatial dynamics and spatial representativeness
- FORECASTING AND MODELLING:
statistical and deterministic modelling, atmopsheric dispersion, inter-annual variation and trends, short-term forecasting, climate impact and climate sensitivity
- FUNDAMENTAL MECHANISMS:
release, dispersion, transport, long distance transport, deposition
- GENERAL AEROBIOLOGY:
citizen science, history and development of aerobiological studies, media communications and health literacy, public information, outreach
- HEALTH IMPACT:
asthma, rhinitis, conjunctivitis, pollinosis, epidemiology, prevention, diagnosis, therapy, specific immunotherapy, diagnostic and therapeutic pathways, thresholds, cross reactivity, occupational allergy, aerobiology-sport-allergy, allergy and immigration, co-exposure allergens and pollution, pollen-food allergy syndrome, direct and indirect sanitary costs
- INDOOR AEROBIOLOGY:
public and private buildings, farms and industries, healthcare setting, operating theatres, cleanrooms, spacecrafts
- INVASIVE RAGWEED SPECIES IN EUROPE:
ecology, impact and management
- MOLECULAR AEROBIOLOGY:
allergens, airborne organisms, genetics
- MONITORING, SAMPLING AND IDENTIFYING:
pollen, fungal spores, bacteria, algae, survey networks, quality control, norms and standards, new methods, bioterrorism, automation
archeopalynology, melissopalynology, paleopalynology, palynology, forensics
How to submit
A. Abstract submission
Submit abstracts using the online template available (no other means of submission will be accepted). All abstracts must be submitted by the deadline of February 19th, 2018 at midnight Italian CET UTC+2).
One author at least per submitted paper must be registered for the Conference. Abstracts for which no author has registered for the conference within the early registration deadline, will not be included in the Abstracts Book.
Each presenting author may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts.
When registering for the conference itself, please note you will be asked to register once again: the user name and password assigned to you in the Abstract submission procedure are different from the Congress Registration procedure.
B. Conditions of Acceptance
Authors should ensure that the abstracts are written in an acceptable standard of English.
The content and literary standard of submitted abstracts are the author’s responsibility and cannot be corrected after submission.
All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Scientific Committee: they reserve the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as an oral or poster presentation, rejected, ask for a change or if it has to be set in an alternative thematic session.
Author while submitting will be asked to express the preference on oral or poster presentation, but Scientific Committee will take final decision.
Instructions for poster or oral presentations will be included in the notification of acceptance.
Confirmation of Receipt of Abstracts
You will be sent an acknowledgement via e-mail to confirm that your abstract has been received. Notifications of acceptance will be sent within March 30th, 2018 and authors must register by May 15th, 2018 (deadline of EARLY registration fee), to have the abstract published.
Publication of Abstracts
All abstracts accepted for oral and poster presentations will be published in the Conference Abstract Book.
Special Issue of journal Aerobiologia: “Advances in Aerobiology for the Preservation of Human and Environmental Health”
Authors of the best abstracts, selected among those for oral presentations and registered by May 15th, 2018 (deadline of early registration fee), will be invited to present their studies also in the form of short communications. These will be published in the special issue of the journal Aerobiologia, that last year reached an IF of 2.2. The chosen authors will receive an email with the timing and how to use this important opportunity.
C. Guidelines for abstract preparation
1. Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
2. Abstracts cannot exceed 2200 characters spaces and title included: text should be split into: background, methods, results e conclusions.
3. The title should clearly identify the content of the abstract.
4. Please indicate the presenting author where required in the template.
5. Please remember that authors’ names and affiliations must always be written in the same way.
6. The theme from among the ones listed above should be indicated clearly.
7. All symbols in the text must be inserted through the insert symbol menu and not through the Symbol font (if you don’t use this procedure, the system won’t recognize any symbol)
8.Italic fonts in the text will not be kept
9. Up to n. 3 keywords are accepted.
10. No images can be submitted.
11. No bibliography.
12. Please indicate your topic preference when submitting
13. Please choose the presentation mode in the submission form (ORAL or POSTER)
1. Please insert Authors' names in the correct order as they should appear on your abstract publication. Do not insert punctuation signs ( . ; ,_ -)
2. Please provide your complete family name ("Surname" box) in upper/lower case (example: Smith ) and write your first name/s ("Name" box) in upper/lower case (example: Hans Peter).
3. If you're author of more than one abstract, please insert you complete name and surname each time in the same way, otherwise you'll appear every times with different names. In case you wish to change the order, you have to delete author's names and enter them a second time in the new order.
4. Please note that these data will be used for any communication concerning this abstract.
IMPORTANT: The Presenting Author must provide all the required data. Your e-mail address will be the only way to inform you about the status of your abstract. Make sure your e-mail address is correct.
1. All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed
2. All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided in order to be included in the evaluation by the Scientific Committee. You will be able to access the speaker portal account to make changes, edit or replace your existing Abstract until you decide to submit the document before the deadline. Thereafter you will not be able to modify it.
3. Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form
4. Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the website and the speaker portal.
5. The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to authors of accepted abstracts.